When it comes to your restaurant’s online marketing plan social media marketing is taking over and the key to success is understanding the most important elements. Check out these 6 master tips to marketing your restaurant online:
1. Use Images – The use of images is a great way to give people a view of everything your restaurant has to offer and even entice new customers to come to your restaurant. They are easy to share on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. In fact 93% of the most engaging posts on Facebook are images. Strategically planning out images to share on a regular basis can optimize engagement.
2. Use Videos – Creating a simple video showcasing your restaurant and posting it to YouTube and then sharing it across other social media platforms is great custom content fans can’t help but share.
3. Ask For Reviews – Facebook offers a place right on your business page where customers can write a review about your restaurant. Have your managers or staff ask customers to utilize this as well as other online review tools such as Yelp and Urbanspoon. With 79% of consumers trusting online reviews as much as personal recommendations, reviews are very valuable for people who have not yet visited your restaurant.
4. Promotions – Daily, weekly, or monthly social media contests can really generate fan engagement and loyalty. Types of contests include sharing the best photo, getting the most likes, or drawing a random winner from your page’s fans. Prizes can be as simple or as extravagant as you prefer, from a free appetizer to buy one get one free entrees.
6. Promote Your Website – Make sure all of your social media platforms have links to your website and when appropriate include links to your website in posts. Every click to your website only helps your website’s search engine optimization and increases your restaurant's overall online reach.
5. Host Events – Hosting unique events is a great way to promote your restaurant and invite new customers in the door. Creating corresponding Facebook events and sharing those on your page not only help you market the event better, but give you and guests a place to post exclusive updates.
Here at Hayse Marketing we have the art of consistent, optimized content down to a science. If you have a restaurant that isn’t marketing online yet or you are interested in enhancing your online presence we would be happy to schedule a free marketing consultation!